Tuesday 27 September 2011

Southampton Boat Show.

There were lots of handsome yachts on Southampton Water last week, tacking back and forth, to and fro, in and out, and round about the Southampton Boat Show. It's a wonderful event and there's a variety of fabulous things to see, from a rechargeable fog horn and an ocean-going yacht, to a super-absorbent quick-drying towel and a crystal-clear, unbreakable, non-slip acrylic champagne glass! I was torn between the navigational maps and the waterproof clothes; I love a good map and I love looking at clothes; I'm also intrigued to know how it's possible to move in all those layers - the great big hooded jacket, the thermal fleece, the salopettes, the beanie hat, the gloves, the non-slip boots, the lifejacket?!

The yachts and the boat show didn't make a good picture from my window, so I walked over to Hythe marina for a better view. I still couldn't find a good shot, but as I headed home I spotted this disgruntled seagull perched on the tip of a giant anchor!

No comments:

Post a Comment