Thursday 8 November 2012

RMS Queen Mary 2.


I suppose it was inevitable; after watching her sail by my windows dozens of times over the past few months and years, I'd slowly persuaded myself that a trip aboard the largest ocean liner in the world was an experience not to be missed.  A short, taster type of thing, that's what I'd go for.  And that's exactly what I did.  An Autumn Getaway; 5 nights, 9th-14th October, round trip, Southampton to Southampton, calling at Rotterdam, Zeebrugge and Le Havre.  It was astonishing.

QM2 is a wonderful ship and it was a real thrill to be on board, to see and feel the size of her, to be actually walking the decks.  I loved the ports of call, sailing in at dawn, disembarking, nosing around, seeing the sights, climbing the gangplank, sailing away, out to sea and into the night.  It was an incredible experience and I'll probably do it again.  But I'm still not sure I liked it!

The picture shows RMS Queen Mary 2 alongside at the Port of Southampton, Hampshire, at 08:28 on Sunday 14th October 2012 (the final day of my Autumn Getaway), seen from inside the Ocean Terminal.

To see more of my pictures on board RMS Queen Mary 2, click on the link below:-

To see my pictures of Rotterdam, click on the link below:-

To see my pictures of Zeebrugge and Brugge, click on the link below:-

To see my pictures of Le Havre, click on the link below:-

No comments:

Post a Comment