Tuesday 17 March 2015

Scraping the Bottom.


It's the time of year for scraping the barnacles from the bottoms of boats and the local marina is busy with sailors cleaning, repairing, repainting and generally making good.  There are boats of all shapes and sizes marooned in metal cradles along the quayside, suffering the indignity of having their undersides on show.

I'm no sailor and I have no boat, but I love a nautical aspect and enjoy strolling around with my camera, snapping away at this and that, boat bottoms included.  My photos have proved to be an unexpected and fascinating study of colour and texture.

This picture shows close-up detail of the underside of West Point, a mahogany and teak Bermuda sloop, at Hythe Marina, Hampshire, on Thursday 5th March 2015 at 15:34.

To see more of my Scraping the Bottom photos, click on the link below:-

No comments:

Post a Comment