Friday 9 September 2016

Mating Spiders.


I'm not keen on spiders, but if they're very small and there's distance between us, I can generally find the courage to watch and photograph them.  A pane of glass separated me from this mating couple, so I had a ringside view and took pictures before during and after - the entire episode lasted for one minute, before they separated and scuttled back to opposite corners of the window.

They're called Zygiella x-notata, common throughout the UK and frequently found on window frames.  Actual size 7mm to 11mm (quarter of an inch to a scant half inch).

The picture at the top shows the spiders before mating, at 18:14 on Thursday 1st September 2016, at home in Hythe, Hampshire.  To see more of my mating spider pictures, click on the link below:-

To read about Zygiella x-notata (missing sector spiders, missing sector orb weavers, or silver-sided sector spiders), click on the links below:-

No comments:

Post a Comment