Friday 24 June 2011

A Question 2.

On my morning run around the marina, I often see a group of women walkers; sometimes they are gathering at their meeting place by the fountain, sometimes they are stepping out, but always they are busy chattering. They look so relaxed and at ease with each other - it looks so nice and I feel slightly envious and wish I had the knack of joining in (not with this group of walkers in particular, you understand, but in general - having the ability to join in). I'm not very good in a group - I don't feel comfortable; I either want to be in charge (not popular), or skulk in the background (too sad), both of which could get me universally disliked (not at all my aim), so generally I keep myself to myself. This leads me to wonder if the group of women walkers look back at me and wish they had the knack of going it alone - do the joiners find their own company uncomfortable?

No comments:

Post a Comment