Saturday 4 June 2011

The View From My Window 2.


As I look out across Southampton Water this morning, I can see five cruise ships, so it's a very special day and a bumper weekend - three ships yesterday, five today and two tomorrow. It's a hazy day, as you can see from the photo and I had to take a long shot to get all five ships in, but you can just about see them - from left to right they are:- Grand Princess, MSC Opera, Celebrity Eclipse, Azura and Oceana. They arrived early this morning; Celebrity Eclipse was already in dock when I looked out at 05:25 (!), Grand Princess, Azura and Oceana arrived between 06:00 and 07:00, and MSC Opera arrived as I was half way around the marina on my morning run at 07:30.

Grand Princess is bound for Las Palmas, MSC Opera for Amsterdam, Celebrity Eclipse for Gibraltar, Azura for Oslo and Oceana for St Peter Port in Guernsey. As usual, I'll be watching and waving from my balcony when they leave this evening and with so many ships in port, they're sure to blow on their whistles - I do hope so, it's such a wonderful sound. All three ships blew their whistles when they left yesterday, it was electrifying!

No comments:

Post a Comment