Sunday 31 July 2011

A Question 3.

Sometimes I just seem to lose my way; take me from my desk for a day or two and I'm lost, wandering around, unable to settle, too many things spinning in my head, shouting for attention, distracting me, my concentration shot, my focus gone; I feel at odds with the world, out of step, off-kilter, scratchy and uncomfortable, longing to find a new equilibrium. A morning run can help, writing a list can help, but the ingredient that always helps is time. And thinking about it, I realise that the time it takes for me to get to solid ground is equal to the time spent travelling from my desk, multiplied from hours to days. My recent trip to the midlands took four hours and, unbelievably, it was a good four days before I started to feel normal again. The question is, am I the only person to experience jet-lag without even leaving the ground!?

No comments:

Post a Comment