Friday 1 July 2011

Running.

I run for a variety of reasons, not least because I believe it's good for my physical health, but I realise more and more that running helps to clear a space in my head. It usually happens at around ten to fifteen minutes into the run, when I've reached a steady pace, and of all the jumbled thoughts swimming in my head, one will rise to the surface and start to dominate until all the others fall silent, my head clears and I can concentrate on that one idea. More often than not, it will be the one thing that's troubling me, a problem that needs solving, an underlying issue that needs attention. Sometimes the run will fix it, sometimes it fixes itself and sometimes it feels as though nothing will fix it, but for a while, at least, I feel more settled - and of course there's always tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment