Friday 3 February 2012

Ringwood, Hampshire.

It's been a week of stunningly beautiful days here in Hampshire; clear and sunny, ice-blue skies, with a bitterly cold east-north-easterly cutting across Southampton Water. Wonderful weather for me and perfect for taking pictures, so I took myself off for a midweek, mid-afternoon jaunt to the market town of Ringwood, some 20 miles west of Hythe, across the New Forest. I wandered along the high street, through the old market place, along by Monmouth House and the old cottage, down to the bridge over the river Avon, then round by the church, through the churchyard, and back again. It was lovely. Ringwood is such a pretty place, and at that time of day, in that light, at this time of year - well, it was pure pleasure.

The picture shows the Church of St Peter & St Paul, Ringwood, Hampshire, lit by the late afternoon sun and set against the blue winter sky.

To see more of my Ringwood photos, click on the link to my tumblr blog:-

To read more about Ringwood, click on the links below:-

No comments:

Post a Comment