Wednesday 29 February 2012

February 29th.

I'm never sure which aspect of a morning run I like best; is it the solitude, the repetitive motion, the cold air against my face, the smell of the morning air, the view across the water, the birds, the trees, the yachts in the marina, the big sky, the morning mist, or the knowledge that if I achieve nothing else in the day, at least I can say I went out for a run. In truth, I suppose it can be any or all of those things; it's always different, there are always new things to see, to smell, to experience, but sometimes it feels as though I'm seeing the world for the first time; each blade of grass in sharp relief, each breaking bud creaking with life, each bird song piercing my heart, each rippling wave a whispering calm. That's how it was this morning, a new day, a new world, a new me...

No picture from this morning, but a serene and beautiful view of the sun setting over Hythe, Hampshire, this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment