Monday 2 July 2012

Round The Island Race 2012.


There are usually quite a few yachts to be seen on Southampton Water, but over the weekend there seemed to be more than usual, and after a bit of ferreting around on the internet, I discovered that it was the Round the Island Race 2012 on Saturday 30th June, and I'd missed it!  Not that I would have visited the Isle of Wight to watch the event, but I might just have ventured down the coast to Lepe (one of the closest mainland points to the Isle of Wight) for a photo opportunity and to watch the hundreds of glamorous yachts pouring out of Cowes and jostling for position in the Solent.  As it is, I was blissfully unaware and the only photo I can find from the weekend features a seagull - not a yacht in sight!  Ah well.....

The picture shows the lone seagull, on Southampton Water, Hampshire, at 18:03 on Saturday 30th June 2012.

Click on the link below to watch the start of the Round the Island Race 2012.

Click on the link below to visit the Round the Island Race website.

No comments:

Post a Comment