Wednesday 26 September 2012

Southampton Central to London Waterloo.


It's not often that I travel without something to read, but a couple of weeks ago that's exactly what happened.  I was at Southampton Central on board the 10:30 inter-city service to London Waterloo and as the train pulled away from the station, I reached into my bag to pull out a magazine and found my camera and a mobile phone, but no magazine; nothing to read.  I played with my phone for a few minutes and then did the only sensible thing and set myself a photo challenge; taking pictures of the passing countryside from my seated position by the window; making it all the more interesting by choosing to sit with my back to the engine, unable to see what was coming!

It was a fascinating exercise and the hour and twenty minutes journey time went by in a twinkling.  I usually read the latest issue of The New Yorker magazine on the train, but next time I travel, I might just pack my camera!

The picture shows a passing train near journeys end at Vauxhall towards London, at 11:44 on Thursday 13th September 2012.

To see more photos of my journey from Southampton Central to London Waterloo, click on the link below:-

No comments:

Post a Comment