Wednesday 20 March 2013

Spring Equinox.


A beautiful sun glowing through a hazy, cloudy sky, late this afternoon, just before sunset on the day of the Spring Equinox.  I wasn't sure I'd get a good photo, shooting into the sun, but pointed my camera in the general direction and hoped for the best.  I was nicely surprised when I saw the results.  I also took a shot of the sunlight on the water; a golden, rippling reflection that actually looked more like moonlight - must have been the haze that caused it - wonderfully romantic and mysterious.

The picture shows the pre-sunset sky, looking west over Hythe, Hampshire, at 17:13 on Wednesday 20th March 2013 - the day of the Spring Equinox.

To see a closer shot of the pre-sunset sky, plus the rippling reflection of sunlight on Southampton Water, Hampshire, click on the link below:-

To read about the Spring Equinox, click on the link below:-
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/march-equinox.html

No comments:

Post a Comment