Sunday 23 June 2013

Last Valentine.


It's been two months since my father died and I'm lost for words.  I want to say something, I want to say something about my Dad, and I think I can do no better than to share the card I made, of a card he made.  The inscription inside is an excerpt from my family memories, a personal obituary, read out at his funeral, and explains the history of the Last Valentine.

The picture at the top shows the front of the card I made, featuring a photo of the Last Valentine from my Dad to my Mum, the pictures below show the inside inscription and the back of the card.



NB: My father had been ill for almost a year with a skin cancer (squamous cell carcinoma of the nasal passages - a particularly aggressive and disfiguring cancer).  Surgery took his nose and radiotherapy took most of the sight from his right eye, damaged his left eye, his mouth, his tongue and his hearing, but did nothing to stop the cancer, and the tumours continued to grow.  It was horrible and awful, but he never complained and his first thought was always for others.  He died peacefully in a Leicestershire hospice (LOROS) on 24th April 2013.  He was a very nice man and I miss him.  Arthur Anthony Vale (Tony Vale) 22.07.22 to 24.04.13. RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment