Sunday 30 June 2013

Late Tulips.


I haven't said much in the last couple of months (see my previous blog Last Valentine dated Sunday 23rd June 2013), but I've certainly done lots of standing and staring - into space and out of the windows.  I can't say that the quiet contemplation resulted in any flashes of inspiration or fundamental insights, but I did have my camera to hand and photographed whatever was happening outside, so the only thing I can say with any certainty is that life goes on.....

I won't overwhelm you with endless pictures of cruise ships, warships, spectacular sunsets or dramatic stormy skies (and there were lots of them!), but I will show you the tulips.  Planted last September in pots on my balcony, they emerged in March this year and flowered magnificently during April and May; two varieties, Double Early "Foxtrot" in pink and Lily Flowering "Sapporo" in creamy white.

The picture above shows the tulips on my balcony in Hythe, Hampshire at 14:49 on Thursday 16th May 2013.

The picture below shows a close-up of the Double Early Tulip "Foxtrot" on my balcony in Hythe, Hampshire, three days earlier, on Monday 13th May 2013 at 14:31.

To see more photos of the tulips on my balcony, click on the link below:-


2 comments:

  1. I especially love the Sapporo, Susan. Elegant and chaste.

    ReplyDelete