Thursday 1 March 2012

March 1st.

The first day of the month and I was woken by fog horns booming across Southampton Water; a wonderfully haunting and penetrating sound that had me out of my bed and peering through the windows, only to find the inevitable wall of fog obliterating the view.

No morning run for me today, but I did step outside early on to smell the air and snap a picture of the foggy view. I stepped out again, with my camera, mid-afternoon when the skies were clear, and later to catch the sunset.

The picture shows the trees in the Grove Gardens and the spire of St John's Church, Hythe, Hampshire (and a passing seagull), ghosting through the fog early this morning.

To see pictures of the same view early morning, mid-afternoon and at sunset, click on the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment