Thursday 6 December 2012

My New Shoes.


I have a new pair of shoes and I like them very much.  They fulfill my tick-list of elegant, comfortable, practical and unusual, and they just happen to be black - black sliced leather as a matter of fact.  I bought them from my favourite London shoe shop, Tracey Neuls, and for reasons best known to Tracey, they're called Denis.  They probably look like all the other shoes I've ever bought, but....  The point is, I bought them in August (2012) and I haven't yet worn them!  I want to wear them, but I don't want to spoil them. I want to wear them, but I don't want to get them wet.  I want to wear them, but not for too long.  The first time I wear them I want everything to be perfect.

It's certainly not unusual for me to buy something and keep it for days or weeks before I feel the need to peel off the wrapper, open the box and look inside, but I think this is something of a record, even for me.  Maybe writing about it will break the spell and I'll discover that today is the perfect day to wear my new shoes for the first time.  Or maybe I'll take them out of the box and look at them, just one more time.....

The picture at the top shows my new shoes, beautifully wrapped and stickered, on Sunday 26th August 2012 (three days after I'd bought them).

The picture at the bottom shows my new shoes, unwrapped and unworn, on Thursday 6th September 2012 (two weeks after I'd bought them).

To take a look at my shoe collection (excluding the new pair), click on the link below:-
http://www.susanvale.com/shoes.html

Click on the link below to see the Tracey Neuls website, or visit the shop at 29 Marylebone Lane, London W1.

No comments:

Post a Comment