Sunday 23 December 2012

Seven Swans A Swimming.


The local swans were on the water near Hythe Promenade this morning and by the time I'd managed to run up two flights of stairs, find my camera, unlock the door and get out on to the balcony, fire-up the camera, steady myself and focus on the swans, they were gliding along by the pier, too far away for a good photo!  I took a few shots anyway and then remembered that I'd seen them a couple of weeks ago, and taken a nice picture (see above).

The photo shows the two local swans and their five cygnets off Hythe foreshore, Southampton Water, Hampshire, at 08:32 on Wednesday 12th December 2012.

So, what we have here are two swans and five cygnets on the 12th of the 12th of the 12th; two and five make seven; Seven Swans, The Twelve Days of Christmas.  How seasonal is that!

To read more the Hythe Swans, click on the links below to my previous blogs dated Tuesday 30th October 2012, Sunday 24th June 2012 and Tuesday 19th June 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment