Wednesday 12 December 2012

The First Cuckoo.


After a long search (six years and counting!), I'm now the proud owner of a cuckoo clock.  I found it on the muji website, ordered it online last Friday, took delivery yesterday and, unusually for me, unwrapped the package immediately, opened the box and heard the first cuckoo seconds later.  It's enchanting, it's charming, it's everything I dreamed of.  I love it.  The cuckoo pops out on the hour and the half hour and the call is soft, throaty, languorous and lovely.  AND, there's an in-built light sensor, so the clock doesn't chime after dark.  It's just perfect.

The picture shows my new cuckoo clock, calling at 15:00 on Wednesday 12th December 2012.

I wanted to add a link to the clock details on the muji website, but when I looked online today the item had vanished; I must have bought the last one! (The bird has flown?)  Here's a link to the muji website clocks page anyway; just in case it turns up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment