Tuesday 1 May 2012

London.


My photo challenge continues (see my blog dated Thursday 26 April 2012) and on a trip to London yesterday, I parked myself on a bench in Grosvenor Square for twenty minutes and happily snapped away at anything that caught my fancy.  I particularly like this picture of the eagle through the trees; it's a bronze sculpture of the American Bald Eagle, by Dame Elizabeth Frink - a monument to the American Eagle Squadron pilots of World War II.

I'm certainly enjoying the challenge and refine the rules as I go; I now include taking photos from any fixed position (not just from the inside of a parked car), and I've relaxed the time constraint to allow a ten minute segment.  This is largely due to the fact that on my way through Manchester Square I spotted an empty bench in front of the Wallace Collection and couldn't resist sitting on it and taking out my camera, even though I had a scant ten minutes to spare!

I found another ten minutes later in the day, at Waterloo Station; I'd arrived in good time for my 16:05 train, so found a seat in the quiet carriage and whipped out my camera to rattle off a few more shots.

To see the rest of my Twenty Minutes in Grosvenor Square photos, click on the link below.
http://susanvale.tumblr.com/post/22199211877/grosvenor-square-london-monday-30th-april-2012

To see the photos of my Ten Minutes in Manchester Square, click on the link below.
http://susanvale.tumblr.com/post/22207513145/manchester-square-london-monday-30th-april-2012

To see the photos of my Ten Minutes in Waterloo Station, click on the link below.
http://susanvale.tumblr.com/post/22208526782/waterloo-station-london-monday-30th-april-2012

No comments:

Post a Comment