Saturday 19 May 2012

Queen Elizabeth.


My photo challenge continues (see my blog dated Tuesday 1st May 2012) and on a choppy ten minute trip across Southampton Water on the Hythe Ferry yesterday, I planted myself on deck, determined to stay put for long enough to hold my camera steady and grab a few shots of this and that.

The outlook was overcast and misty, it was cold and windy and I had to hang on, but the ten minutes passed in a twinkling, it was exhilarating, and I loved it.  There were a handful of roll-on-roll-off cargo vessels in dock, a few tugs, a sailing ship, the tall ships Lord Nelson and Tenacious (the largest wooden ship afloat), a yacht, and three cruise ships; Oriana, Adonia, and Queen Elizabeth.  I love to see all the ships, especially close-up from the ferry, they're so BIG.  But for me a Queen is always an event and Queen Elizabeth just stole the show.

The picture shows MS Queen Elizabeth, alongside in the Port of Southampton, Hampshire, at 13:52 on Friday 18th May 2012.  To see the rest of my Ten Minutes on the Hythe Ferry photos, click on the link below.

To find out where MS Queen Elizabeth is now, click on the bridge web cam link below.

To read more about the largest wooden ship afloat, click on the SV Tenacious link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment