Thursday 31 May 2012

Marylebone.


Out and about in London on Tuesday, early for an appointment and not enjoying the heat on the street, I headed for the air-conditioned splendour of The Conran Shop, but veered off at the last minute, tempted by the dappled shade of a massive London Plane in the church gardens on the opposite side of the road.  It was beautiful; cool, quiet and peaceful, an infinitely better choice, and a perfect sanctuary.

I know the gardens well, I've walked through them many times, but never stopped to sit and stare, so I did just that; except I sat and let my camera do the staring!  There were probably half a dozen people, dotted here and there; three students sitting on the grass under a tree, idly picking at the daisies, an office worker or two, a boy with a backpack, and me.  All of us just sitting, and being, and enjoying the moment; at least that's the way it felt.  And then it was time to leave.  Twenty minutes well spent, a smile on my face and another photo challenge completed.

The picture shows the side aspect of St Marylebone Parish Church, London, on Tuesday 29th May 2012, approached from the church gardens in Marylebone High Street.

To see the rest of my Twenty Minutes in St Marylebone Parish Church Gardens photos, click on the link.

To read about the history of St Marylebone Parish Church, click on the link.

To find out about my photo challenge see my blog dated Thursday 26th April 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment